percy-l - Re: [percy-l] "Feminine Characters" Book info

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Nikkibar AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] "Feminine Characters" Book info
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:21:27 EDT

Dear Dave,

Responding to your inquiry about studies of the eternal fiminine in the work of Walker, I'm sure you will find anything by Lawson and Olesky to be probative and excellent. There is also a full length work by Linda Hobson on the subject that you might wish to explore. Linda is married to Fred Hobson, a Professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, but I do not have their address. There was also an excellent hour length paper on the subject delivered by Sheila Bosworth Leman at one of the earliest of the Percy seminars here in Covington some years ago. Bunt, Walker's widow advises that Sheila can be reached at her home in New Orleans at 504+891-2430. Should you get a copy of that paper, I would appreciate your sharing a copy with me at 200 North Columbia St. , Covington, La 70433. We might well consider placing a copy on the website archive with Sheila's permission of course. I hope you will find these suggestions helpful. Sorry to be tardy in getting back to you, but I have been somewhat hampered as a result of recent serious back surgery.

Nikki Barranger