percy-l - [percy-l] Contra Gentiles?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Mike Frentz <mfrentz AT bbn.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Contra Gentiles?
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:24:34 -0400

Does anybody happen to know how far Percy got on his Contra Gentiles, which, if I remember correctly was a defense of the Church somehow aligned with Peirce's principles, based on the model of Aquinas? Any record of it after his death? Does the manuscript exist in his papers, perhaps? Just curious if anyone in this august group knows anything about it.

(actually, the SUDDEN SILENCE has been killing me on this list.. Hoping the big one (sobig etc..) didn't do us in. Figured this was better than a "TEST" message :-)

Mike