percy-l - Re: [percy-l] gay marriage

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "James Piat" <piat1 AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] gay marriage
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:11:55 -0400

> Jim -
> Small world. When did you go to USF? I graduated from there in '64,
when
> USF had fewer buildings than it has campuses now, and most literature
> professors were merely dotty. Some even liked and cared about literature,
rather than
> politics, which is all most of them seem to care about now.

Dear Larry,

I graduated HS in 59 (Hollywood, Fla), spent three yrs in the Army, flunked
in and out of several colleges and finally graduated from USF in 67 or 68 I
think. What I recall most fondly was helping to build the USF golf course
with a chain saw and finding arrowheads which my then young son promptly
lost. You make me chuckle -- yes all the lit professors seem now to be
more interested in politics and post modernism than in lit. -- or at least
more interested than many from the philosophy and political science
departments it seems! That ought to stir our friend, Wade! Wade is our
Percy-L resident Gonzo journalist and all around good fellow from the
political science dept.

Cheers,
Jim