percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Judgement and Pride

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "James Piat" <piat1 AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Judgement and Pride
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:47:58 -0400

Title: Re: [percy-l] God's Gender and Ham Sandwiches
Good points all, Steve.  I stand corrected  ...  oops, I mean LOVED

As are you.

Jim

Given the examples I provided, Jim... is there any argument that the person doing the judging is seeing more clearly? I mean...C'mon.

I didn't say that admonitions must come from those not engaged in the behavior. Nor did I imply that. But, it would be the height of hypocrisy to judge others before removing the plank.

Also, I never said anything about punishment... but only corrective admonition and love-based intervention. LOVE, is what I said, Jim, not punitive measures.

Steve