percy-l - Re: Was Percy ever involved in the debate on molestations by Catholic priests?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Nelson" <nelson AT newulmtel.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Was Percy ever involved in the debate on molestations by Catholic priests?
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 20:02:40 -0500

but I'm sure you get my point beyond the academic flubs in description. I
can't or recall any specific cases but if someone thinks child abuse is
relegated to happening inside the confessional they just aren't reading the
newspaper or paying attention to any media.

PostScript: I believe this incident was national.the parents of the young
daughter awoke one morning to find her missing. After several days her body
was found in the neighbors camper. she had been sexually abused. if I
recall correctly by all accounts this neighbor was a normal person, at least
to the neighbors.

Ryan

<http://www.ibiblio.org/wpercy/hypermail>.