percy-l - Re: plain text format....

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "James Piat" <piat1 AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: plain text format....
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:05:17 -0400

Yes, the partial use of CSP by Walker is discussed at length in the letters between Walker and Ken Ketner in A Thief of Peirce, (hence the title of the book) but later on Walker seems to have confirmed his nearly entire embrace of Pragmaticism in the Jefferson Lecture.

Nikki
--
Dear Nikki,

Yes, I think Percy was having some fun with his friend Ken Ketner in making these remarks and I've no doubt that  Percy understanding of Peirce went right to the marrow of Peirce's triadic concept of representation  --now if I could only grasp one percent of what either were saying I'd be well on my way!

Thanks--
Jim Piat