percy-l - Re: plain text format....

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Nikkibar AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: plain text format....
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:48:11 EDT

In a message dated 4/28/02 2:26:56 PM Central Daylight Time, piat1 AT bellsouth.net writes:

Dear Nikki, Karen, Folks-

Although some Peirce scholars disagree with his self assessment, the intellectually recalcitrant Chomsky has credited Peirce as a philosopher he is close to in his own thinking about mind and thought. I think somewhere Percy says, perhaps somewhat facetiously, that he (Percy himself) only took one percent of Peirce and bent it to his own purposes (presumably Christian apologetics). Something Peirce seemed to do a bit of himself.

At least those are my non own scholarly impressions as a casual reader of all three.

Best,
Jim Piat