percy-l - Re: Unpublished Percy essay now published

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Kenneth Ketner <b9oky AT TTACS.TTU.EDU>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Unpublished Percy essay now published
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:42:41 -0600

Henry: Maybe, if you want to webify the WP essay in DOUBLETAKE, the mag
editors would allow you to do so. Might be worth asking them. Not too
much to tell. I suddenly realized that the essay wasn't a fragment, but
would become a whole by an addition of the last three words. Did same,
and Coles liked the idea, and Mrs. Percy also. She got the whole
royalty. I got the fun of doing the editing and introducing. I think it
is an important essay because it shows indisputably how strongly Peirce
was influencing Walker in the fifties.