pcplantdb - Re: Resurgence

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org, Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>, "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • Subject: Re: Resurgence
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:30:34 -0400

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
Rich Morris wrote:

Hi All,
It looks like the PCPDB project has a new lease of life.

Scott has given me some funds to develop the wiki based approach, building on the development version at
http://www.pfaf.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

The first thing we need to sort out is the hosting for the project, do we still use the http://www.permaculture.info/ domain which is hosted at
ibiblio. If so who has the login details so I can start installing the wiki.

Rich

Rich:

Please post this and future communication to the pcdb list, which you are subscribed to. This is where all the action is for this project, not here. After everyone who wants them has downloaded the message archives for pcplantdb I plan to phase this list out.

The domain www.permaculture.info, owned by The Permaculture Institute, hosted at ibiblio, is where you should install the wiki. This will keep everything in alignment with future funding channeled through Scott and the PI and fulfillment of Threshhold grant committments. Scott and I discussed this and it seems to be a reasonable approach.

Bear and Chad have the login details but you should contact ibiblio and have them transfer all permissions for that filesystem to you then create a group for it for future use by any development team, each with ibiblio accounts, you choose. A number of folks in the pcdb list will probably want to be part of that.

LL

Rich:

Do you plan tp follow my suggestions and do the following:

1) Contact ibiiblio and have permaculture.info permisions reset to you alone
2) Announce the work Scott is hiring you to do to the group of subscribers in
the pcdb list
3) Ask people in the pcdb list to provide a team to develop and maintain
permaculture.info
then have ibiblio create group level login access to that filesystem for
those meeting yours
and Scott's approval who announce to the list that they will commit their
time to
accomplishing those tasks

I think this is a good plan and follows the democratic process. If the group wants it I will donate permasphere.com to the project which can be used for commercial activity. There has been some interest in PermaSphere as a name for
the project. There could be two sites, permaculture.info at ibiblio and
permasphere.com, hosted elsewhere.

What do you think?

Glad to hear that your intentional community and PFAF are doing so well. Hope
you are having a great 2007.

Cheers,

Lawrence

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm

  • Resurgence, Rich Morris, 04/21/2007
    • Re: Resurgence, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 04/21/2007
      • Re: Resurgence, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 04/22/2007