pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] test post and request for help finding Linux Fedora distro on ibiblio

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] test post and request for help finding Linux Fedora distro on ibiblio
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:35:38 -0500

neshura wrote:

[ ] FC4-i386-disc1.iso 06-Jun-2005 22:54
635M
[ ] FC4-i386-disc2.iso 06-Jun-2005
22:55 638M
[ ] FC4-i386-disc3.iso 06-Jun-2005
22:56 638M
[ ] FC4-i386-disc4.iso 06-Jun-2005
22:57 630M

are what you want. I wouldn't spring for Red Hat unless you've got a
compelling reason, like you want a support contract. I just installed
one upgrade and one fresh install of FC4 and it was pretty much
trouble-free.

Just make sure to run yum update once you've finished installing --
there are a bunch of new pkgs since FC4 was frozen.

Thanks!

I see that yum, Yellow dog Updater, Modified is available at:
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/

Or is it included in the Fedora distro?

Here's the:
Yum Upgrade FAQ for Fedora