pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] question on 0.3.0

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] question on 0.3.0
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 08:13:27 -0700

What if users could choose, and there was a spectrum (don't show me editable
words <--> show me all editable words) - like a volume dial? So they can
choose the view specific to their intentions.

Oy ve, that sounds complicated. Or, better yet (and probably easier) what if
you can't tell a word is editable until your mouse rolls over it (and then the
word grows in size, or something). So text looks normal, legible, and only
gets "link acne" on a mouse rollover - so it only has one pimple at a time.

I see this as similar to the icon bar at the bottom of OSX+, where the icon
you're on is big and raised, but the ones adjacent to it are also anticipating
their turn...

Does this help?
*s