pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] new comments on 0.2.3 - advanced search

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] new comments on 0.2.3 - advanced search
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:11:31 -0700

I agree with everyone else's comments, plus:

-can the tabs be equal sizes? i.e. "Vision" is smaller than "Get Involved"
and it might look nicer if they were equal. (actually is "Vision" written in
smaller font? it looks like it.)

-can all the logos not be smushed in the center, but spaced evenly accross the
footer?

-can "advanced" be written in a font that you can see it (not light blue if
the background is darker blue - something that stands out a bit more)?

-and what's the arrow next to advanced for? if you can click on "Advanced"
why have the arrow? the layout of the search feels awkward to me...I'll think
about why.

-for some reason, I don't like the little spotty rays of the sun in the upper
left. they look messy. can they be bolder, more defined instead of wishy
washy?

-did you take that photograph? it's beautiful. have you showed off your
photography to the group? if not you SHOULD. actually I wanted to ask you
something (since no one is probably reading this anyway) - a friend of mine is
doing her medical school rotation at oakland children's hospital and she's
doing a presentation there soon. she wants some imagery to go along with her
presentation (about embryology of the heart) and I sugggested that she talk to
you. I feel like you'd probably have a photograph of something (water, sap)
that mimics the bloodflow phenomenon she's discussing. anyways, we can talk
more...

back to piw...this more recent iteration looks really nice, Bear.
thank you!
*s