pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Frontend Backend

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Frontend Backend
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:11:28 +0100

Folks,
I've been thinking on the server/clent split and for me the names been a bit confusing, especially if we view things in terms of the the standard webbased request, where a webbrowser would make a request.

Perhaps a better nameing would be frontend/backend. We could then have

Client - webbrowser

Front end (what chads being calling client)

Backend (what chads been calling server)

Frontend + Backend would then comprise the (html) server.
Backend will also function alone as an xml-rpc server.

Thoughs?

Rich

  • [pcplantdb] Frontend Backend, Richard Morris, 06/19/2005