pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] update

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] update
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:37:03 -0400

Chad Knepp wrote:

Where I've been: Community founding! We (Red Earth Farms) are closing
on 76 acres a week from today. Not actually owning the land hasn't
stopped us from planting around 100 trees and shrubs on it already
(mostly stuff in nursery beds that HAD to be planted out). Anyway if
your interested you can read our propaganda at
<http://redearth.galatea.org/>. I will be making a more formal
announcement/invitation on the permaculture list in a couple of
weeks.

Congratulations!

Do you actually have red dirt on your property? Red clay or silt loam is someof the best farm soil
on Earth; you can grow anything in it. Silt drains faster, clay loam hold water longer; both
respond to tilthing efforts equally well. I have Georgewille silt loam here.