pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] to PDC or not to PDC

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] to PDC or not to PDC
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:05:04 +0100

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

hi everyone,

Not to drag the PDC discussion into this list as well but...

I wanted to ask you for some advice, since we are a small group. I have the
opportunity to take the PDC that Penny Livingston and others teach at the
Permaculture Institute in Northern California. I used to want to do the
PDC...but I've gotten to the point where I can't tell if I "need" it. I'm
sure I would get a lot out of it - inspiration, good connections, and more -
but I feel that at this point, it's time to DO rather than read, listen,
discuss... And although the class prepares you for DOing (and you DO a bit of
DOing during the course), I feel that I'm pretty equipped to DO and am DOing
as it is. Hmm. What do you all think?

Seems like you have answered the question yourself!

Rich

BTW no one at PFAF has even taken a formal permaculture course.
Maybe it could have helped?