pcplantdb - Re: [piw] Re: [pcplantdb] relationships implementation

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Archer <pcplantdb@juggernaut.com.au>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>, Permaculture Information Web <piw@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [piw] Re: [pcplantdb] relationships implementation
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 05:46:58 +1100

At 10:41 AM +0000 26/3/05, Richard Morris wrote:

>The simplest form is
>
>object | links_to
>-------------------
>plant A | Plant A Guild
>plant A | Plant B Guild
>plant B | Plant B Guild

Backing up a bit... do we really have to manually define every
possible guild PIW is to represent??

Given the scale of the namespace, I would think that borders on
the impossible.

I thought the idea was to develop a system that allowed people
to explore possible guilds. i.e. pull up several plants/objects
and compare their needs/benefits to see if they would be compatible.

But I might be completely off track here because there's no
analysis/design document where I can look the aims of the project.
*slap*

A few explicit guilds might be a "nice to have" feature but surely
that's not the key goal here?

...R.