pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] CVS, spec

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] CVS, spec
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:48:41 -0600

John Schinnerer writes:
> Aloha,
>
> I am thinking of a spec more as a project necessity than a motivating
> factor.
>
> I was originally intimidated by CVS systems too, and what I found when I
> had to use one on a job was that as a simple user of one it's not that
> big a deal.

I also think it's pretty easy to use and if your experience varies
from that at least it's well documented.

> Once one knows how to check out and in a file/document, that about
> covers it for users.
>
> There are existing open source CVS available, such as sourceforge.
>
> Does ibiblio have one available?

Not only that, it's currently the authoritive repository for
everything I've done so far. There is no external way to checkout
code (a pserver), but everyone with an account can 'co' and members of
the piw group have commit access.