pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] PIW and WSF, etc.

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] PIW and WSF, etc.
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:20:30 +0000

Aloha,

I am asking how can we, representing PIW, make the pitch to WSF, a foundation interested in transforming the dominant agricultural paradigm. In essence, how will PIW assist commercial farmers *now* (vs. reach only the contingency already interested in sustainability).

Well, it won't assist commercial farmers at all, unless they are at least interested in doing *something* different.
If they aren't planning to change anything they're doing, they don't need assistance with change.

PIW is not all that useful for supporting status quo chemical monocropping.

So...assistance with what? What do these commercial farmers want assistance with? What does WSF mean by 'assisting commercial farmers' in some way that's in line with their intent? What kind of assistance is WSF intending to offer them? (via PIW and other grantees...)

Some answers to those questions might get us a better idea of how PIW would be of assistance.