pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[29][12.04.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[29][12.04.04]
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:42:43 +0000

Aloha,

I really hope noone paid any attention to what you wrote here. You have no clue to
what is actually going on in small to medium scale agriculture im the US, what those farmers are doing
and their hopes and aspirations for the future. Do you work for a living? Do you do anything ag-related?
I didn't think so. I wish you would quit trying to jack this project around with your negativism and apathy
about uses for PIW in the field of farming and gardening, topics you obviously know little or nothing about
and have even less interest in. Stick to the contributions you offered to make toward software development.

Information for my one particular "case in point" illustration is from the essay

"Amish Economics," by Gene Logsdon

In a book called

"Mindfulness and Meaninful Work," Claude Whitmyer, Editor.

Mr. Logsdon is, as best I can discern from his work and writings and what others of apparent good reputation have to say about him, quite well informed about all the things I know little or nothing about and do not now nor have ever done, etc.. Perhaps some of you have even heard of him or read some of his writings.

This particular essay is, however, passing a decade old, and so predates at least some of the recent resurgence in farmer's markets, the regional and niche and co-op and value-added marketing, the rapid increase in CSAs and so on that have enabled some non-Amish small farmers to make a decent living farming again.