pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] slightly stuck

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] slightly stuck
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:20:28 -0600

Ok, I'm having some problems bringing Eden online on Ibiblios server
that I don't completely grok at the moment. I'm going to try a few
more sleuthing options and then open a help ticket about it, although
maybe this will trigger some ideas in John H. and others...

Essentially the problem is (as I understand it) that the python import
fails on certain packages in the cgi environment. One of the nice
things about Edens architecture is that it's quite easy to create a
new/different client and during the initial development I wrote a text
based command line interface (cli) in parallel with the cgi version.
One added benefit was/is that debugging is much easier in the cli/text
client. Anyway, the cli works fine, indicating that everything should
be working, but the cgi version raises a SyntaxError on the line
'import Eden.Session'?!? Very odd no? It also raises ImportError:
Module missing errors on several modules that are in certainly in
sys.path including cgitb (pretty prints tracebacks in html for debug
mode) which I could really use. Debugging this is further complicated
by the fact that I can't find/see either the apache config or log
files. At the moment I suspect that this is something about the
version of python used, an odd rewrite rule in apache, or some nfs
weirdness that is just beyond me.

On the upside, I've been immersing myself in David Holmgren's
Permaculture: Principles.... Sustainability. Wow, I think I need to
read it again, but wow!

hrumpff,
Chad

Perl - $Just @when->$you ${thought} s/yn/tax/ &couldn\'t %get $worse;