pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] update, and bug 4 U

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] update, and bug 4 U
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:14:07 +0000

Aloha,

Where is everybody?!?

I am here to plague you with bug reports! ;-)

Seriously, I will have some days of high-speed next week as I'm housesitting Mon through Thurs.

I will put on my to-do list to look at the scarab issue tracker.
If it has the necessary features and the customizability it claims, along with a better UI, I will promote it over Bugzilla.

JohnH, can it be hosted on ibiblio (given what we've learned about their available back ends and our account config constraints, etc.)??
If not, on arashi?

Not sure how many
people have looked at galatea.org/piw, but that is what I'm planning
on installing on Ibiblio and will then change DNS so permaculture.info
resolves to that content. Feedback?...

Just took another look - have a pre-alpha bug for you...

Title:
Search results batching applied when not necessary or appropriate

PIW search results batching system doesn't notice that everything returned fit on the first page, it just acts like the Energizer Bunny...it keeps going and going and going... ;-)

Steps to repro:
1. type 'skullcap' (without quotes) into the text field and click the search PIW button
2. scroll to the bottom of the results page and click the Next Page link
3. on the next page that appears, click on the Next Page link again
4. repeat step 3. until convinced...

Expected results:
No batching of results if all fit on first page.
No Next Page link on last page of results.

Actual results:
Batching of pages is applied even when all results fit on first page, and continues 'endlessly' on empty results pages.

BTW some of the above is more tounge in cheek than appropriate for a "real" bug report once we get into serious testing...!