pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] synthesis[25][10.31.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>, PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] synthesis[25][10.31.04]
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:05:48 -0800

This is a somber synthesis indeed.

Are we experiencing somewhat of a mini-breakdown?

Chad is (or was) somewhat frustrated, wanting to change platforms, and is
now mia. Eden is down, PFAF is experiencing difficulties, and Rich wants
to resign?!

Oy ve.

Rich, do you feel that you no longer have time to dedicate to this? I
sincerely hope that you change your mind, or at least, are willing to
discuss alternatives...

So here's where we're at a definite transitional point. Rich might be
stepping down, and we might be completely changing platform/host. Other
than that, I'm still coordinating funding efforts, I'm not quite sure
what Johns is up to, Lawrence is still moderating, and I assume Scott is
busy with other initiatives.

Per Chad's request, can everyone please send a brief check-in of where
you're at, and how you feel about this project and where it's headed?

My brief check-in: I'm still very enthusiastic about the potential of
PIW. I have spent countless (literally, I have no clue how many) hours
researching foundations, writing grant proposals, envisioning...and I
would really like to see this bear fruit. And I *know* it can. I think
we simply have to stabilize a bit - get our platform/host issues settled,
and get to work. I know we had some interpersonal problems in the past,
but they seem to have pretty much cleared up. But - if anyone has
interpersonal issues to raise, please do so. I'd like to remind us all
that this is supposed to be eNjOyAbLe and eXcItInG, so let's make the
most of it together!

I'd Love to hear from all of you.

peace
*Stephanie