pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Plants For A Future Charity to be wound up

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Plants For A Future Charity to be wound up
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:55:27 +0100

Dear All,
Just to let you know that yesterday the trustees of the
Plants For A Future Charity decided to wind the charity up.
This does not mean all activities will be discontinued
its just that different orginisation will take over different aspects.

The reasons for this deciscion are numerious basically:
financially sunk (too deeply in debt)
no opperational capacity (no one working to keep the charity
running)
internal conflict (relations between me and ken has reached the point of no return, on top of a deeply divided group)
divergent objectives (the land which the charity owned while valuable in its own right, as a wilderness reserve, was not forwarding the aims of Plants for a Future).

Any interlectual property rights of the Charity (i.e. website and database) will be transfered to Ken. The 2003 version of the database was released under the Creative Commons liscence so we are covered there. Whether the 2004 version will be released under the same license is entirely Kens decision (although I hope he will).

At this stage is is probably best is I resign from any managment position in the permaculture.info group. I am prepared to work on a purely technical position and offer advice.

Yours

Richard Morris

--
Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants