pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] $omething important

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] $omething important
  • Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 11:54:35 +0000

Aloha,

Have read all budget msgs to date - comments:

Not sure I understand the conference/meeting/travel part in general.
I think it means we all go to some national/international PC conference and while there, meet with one another and also participate in the conference. Correct?

If we end up floating in grant money, could be a good idea.
If we end up with lean resources, I don't support spending them on that - better spent building the guts of PIW.

My wages description should start with "Software testing and quality assurance..." instead of "user-testing..."

Not sure what the "Research" item under Travel Expenses is...seems to me we are expecting to get research from contributors in various places all over the world via the net once we have a system for them to put their data into.

Would put more for books and journals, myself. Who exactly would hold/have these given our distributed nature is an open question though. Maybe depending on project roles - tech books for some of us, grant-writing sourcebooks for others... ;-)

cheers,