pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] PIW website/shared webspace online

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] PIW website/shared webspace online
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 23:43:26 -0700

Chad Knepp wrote:
I see your having fun Lawrence,

Plone is indeed wikionsteroids with a dollop of ginseng and vitamin C.
Did you see the K-LOG (Knowledge Log [or Blog]) pages in the writetheweb
Plone site?

Maybe you'll know, what is the best weblog software out there?

Is a Zope server required to install and run Plone; could I install it on
ibiblio
in their Linux/Apache environment, like I can a wiki?

As far as I can tell, Plone is probably beyond TikiWiki, probably more
professional
for sure, and more difficult than that for average users.

I moved the link to the PcPlantDB wiki to the documents folder, edited
it to make the link work, and published it. Cool huh! Stuff that

Very. I can see Plone is full of goodies. I'll have to play around with
creating documents,
saving and publishing. So can you create html pages with graphics? I u/l a pic that can be downloaded and displayed in a separate browser window.

isn't published won't show up to anonymous users unless they find it
in a search.

Ah so.

You can, of course, also create stuff in the PIW Team folder like you
did.

I was trying to get it in the right place for reference in case it is needed.
Rich
put a lot of information in those pages.