pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] moving on III

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] moving on III
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 15:38:47 +0000

Are folks interested in using the kind of wiki Rich and Lawrence have described as our shared web workspace?

For shared web workspace, I've already posted my main criteria. If there's anything that meets them both that would be my preference.

I don't support the idea of people putting data into a wiki that ought to go straight into the PIW database system. Get it straight into PIW.

PIW will have well-structured user-friendly data entry forms to make it easy for contributors to input what's useful and leave out the rest.

They can also put it anywhere else they want, a wiki or blog or whatever, but PIW should get direct input from contributors.