pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] slashdot randomness

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] slashdot randomness
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:23:46 -0500

Re:Stopped reading paper magazines (Score:5, Insightful)
by arcanumas (646807) on Wednesday June 30, @04:42PM (#9574990)

Exactly. I stopepd buying magazines after i got hooked with
interesting Internet content. Yes *even* slashdot :) You want pr0n?
you've got it. You want funny stuff? Clicks way. you want
information? Not only do you have the kind you are looking for but you
can get it much less 'filtered' than you otherwise would.

My point is that the Internet is killing the newpaper/magazine
industry. It's only us, the geeks, for now, but it is surely going to
spread. The big problem for them is that i can get the same stuff
(usually better) from the Internet *for free*. Which means that they
can just say: "Hey, let's make an on-line edition of our magazine" and
save themselves. They have to provide content that i can't get
elsewere.

  • [pcplantdb] slashdot randomness, Chad Knepp, 06/30/2004