pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] free and contributing

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] free and contributing
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:16:15 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

> But I am wondering how we can make these two intentions “ freely
> available images/information vs. contributing funding to PFAF “
> compatible? Any thoughts?

There's no inherent incompatibility.

We can contribute to PFAF's overall efforts from any funding we get - we can
use their dataset for free, but we can certainly also give them a contribution
for making that dataset available!

We can get our images elsewhere so that we are not using their
non-free-licensed images.

Design & Technology Services