pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] So...

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] So...
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:28:54 -0800

howdy all,

Thank you John for responding to my post. You wrote:

"That would be a great front end, and as I've said before we can put any
front ends we want on it - some like visual graphs, some like tables and
charts, whatever. There has to be a viable back end or discussing front
ends is a waste of bandwidth, especially since any front end is
possible."

So I have a question for everyone:

Is it possible to create the backend for the application we have been
describing - one that allows users to create guilds/search for suitable
plants for a guild by using plant functionality (nitrogen-fixer, etc.)
and then display this information in a web-like interface? And allow
users to 'click' on the relationship between two components (two plants,
for example) to learn more about the relationship/determine
compatibility? I believe it can be done, but I am also not expert in
programming...

Because, wonderful news, we were accepted into the final round of the
grant process with the Threshold Foundation. But it seems we are re-
questioning the proposed project - are people still comitted to pursuing
this? And if so, are there any changes we would make to the initially
proposed project?

Just want to hear from you all.

gracias
*Stephanie