pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Re: attribution

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Re: attribution
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:49:57 -0800

Richard Morris wrote:

There is a big difference between slashdot and what we are
trying to do. slashdot is a readers forum where comments
are added. It's essentially an 'add-only' style where
information can only be added. If we are looking at a more

wikii style general edit system, moderation becomes rather
tricky. I suppose we could allow unregistered users to
add data and trusted users to edit/delete. I still feel
if edit/delete is allowed then we need to keep a
history of changes.

PHPWiki allows anonymous input, i.e. overwrite existing pages, but keeps
a long and complete history of pages (wikipages). Any unwanted changes can be
easily and instantly overwritten
using backup of old/desired page, from the history, or cut and paste from
that saved wikipage. Very reliable
and essentially secure.