pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Re: [permaculture] PC DB

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Re: [permaculture] PC DB
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 02:34:59 -0700

BK wrote:

> In regards to the DB. I like the idea of using XML. It seems to be redily
> extensible. And since its structured hierarchically, you can have each data
> item have a "source" child reference to back it up, or "comments" child.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=XML+database

Lots of info on XML databases and:

Apache Xindice is a database designed from the ground up to
store XML data or what is more commonly referred to as a native XML database.

Open Source XML Database. ... August 15, 2002, DSTC provides a nice graphical
user interface
to eXist (and any other XML database that conforms to the XML:DB API). ...
documents.
exist.sourceforge.net/

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/london