pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Draft Spec for pcplantdb up on the permaculture wiki

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>, PC USA <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, pfaf_developers <pfaf_developers@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Draft Spec for pcplantdb up on the permaculture wiki
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 01:32:34 +0100

Hi Folks,
I've put the beginnings of a specification for the
database on the wiki at
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/PcPlantDb
very incomplete as only a few thoughts about plants.

It would be good to see some comments on this as I'd like to get
things nearly right before diving into coding.

Whether to Wiki or not?
Theres some things I like about the wiki, other bits not so keen on.

I'd like to keep track on who added what, sourcing information I feel is
important.

Very unsure about facilities to change other peoples text, adding text
fine
deleting text not so sure on.

Its a bit unstructured for me. Several very important features of a
professional
DB not apparent in wiki culture. I seem to get lost very easily.

The sections noted in the specs could be used in wiki pages.

Time for bed

Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Web: http://www.pfaf.org/ := http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/
Snail: Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5DF
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
Email: webmaster@pfaf.org