pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Re: My Sysadmin's opinion on phpMyAdmin

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Re: My Sysadmin's opinion on phpMyAdmin
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:04:02 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

> Fair enough by me, it was the first tool I came across and
> it seems to do an OK job. If you know anything better that
> would be OK to use.

No worries - just passing along his opinion. Haven't used it myself.

> Or are we going to be really hacky
> an input raw sql?

Nothing hacky about that - that's all there was until people started
building front ends...

> It actually turned out to be easier to import the pfaf DB
> by using raw SQL, about 4K worth of create table statements!

No surprise; running a script with all those statements in it would be
far more efficient that recreating them by hand regardless of front end
used...

=====
John Schinnerer, MA