pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Re: My Sysadmin's opinion on phpMyAdmin

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Re: My Sysadmin's opinion on phpMyAdmin
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:48:49 +0000

> From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
> To: The PC Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
> Subject: [pcplantdb] My Sysadmin's opinion on phpMyAdmin
>
> Aloha,
>
> Asked my sysadmin what he knew about phpMyAdmin. He said
>
> > > It is a good tool for managing mysql databases. Not the best for
> > > design.
> > > Similar to phppgadmin
>
> ...I personally have a growing aversion to any product or service with
> the perversely overused 'My' in it... ;-)

Fair enough by me, it was the first tool I came across and
it seems to do an OK job. If you know anything better that
would be OK to use. Or are we going to be really hacky
an input raw sql?

It actually turned out to be easier to import the pfaf DB
by using raw SQL, about 4K worth of create table statements!

Rich

p.s. not heard back from ibiblio people yet
--
Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Main Site: Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5DF, England