pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] All things to all people

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: memexikon <memexikon@mwt.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] All things to all people
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 09:18:30 -0600

Not being a database programmer, Im have a bit of a go trying to visualize
exactly what you mean by this... This seems to me to be exactly what is
needed but until I can interact with it in real time on the net I have no
clue as to if it will be valuable to us here at Dreamtime, especially the
interns. Also sometime ago I had mentioned here or on the perm list how I
want a set up where interns can be logging observations, especially
phenological data & have that be called up with a catalogue of similar data
being entered for the same specie from other communities or pc projects.
In my mind if this could be yet another template that could either be
installed locally & accessed by a meta-database like you are speaking of...
OR ... maybe yet another table that is shared by many, with login &
authorization. Sorry if my comments might be out of sorts with the thread,
but these are my real concerns & spring is fast approaching..

mIEKAL