ocba - Re: [ocba] Hive Beetle

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Rob Cook <crookkohler AT bellsouth.net>, Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Hive Beetle
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 16:07:24 -0500

Rob,

Seeing hive beetles just means that you are in Piedmont NC. Take a look at the article <here> for some advice (May 2015). If you only have a few, and no SHB larvae, then it is very easy to do more harm than good trying to do something about them.

My question to you is, how did you only get one beetle in the picture? :-)

Randall Austin