ocba - [ocba] National Honey Bee Week begins

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] National Honey Bee Week begins
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 22:56:38 -0400

OCBA kicked off National Honey Bee Week at the Chapel Hill Farmers Market. Vendors were asked to help promote the role of honey bees and other pollinators by displaying signs highlighting the role of bees in the production of their produce.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Chris Apple presided over an information table about bees, beekeeping and honey production. Gifts of Burt's Bees Lip Balm and Wild Flower Seed packets were available to market patrons who stopped by the info table.

image3.JPG

Next week Chris will be repeating this community outreach effort at Eno River Farmers' Market in Hillsborough. She can always use more help. At the start of the market, OCBA volunteers need to talk with vendors to distribute and explain the use of the placards. The info table often has multiple visitors so multiple beekeeper/educators are needed.

This is a great community education event. The community supports our bees and our honey sales so it is only fitting that we volunteer to educate the public. Please support OCBA's community outreach effort and help with the Eno River Farmers' Market.

FYI - more pictures of the Chapel Hill event are available on the link at the bottom of the posting on the OCBA Website.

-John

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071 (M)
No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.