ocba - Re: [ocba] interesting mite treatment

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Robert King <robk2.mindspring.com AT gmail.com>
  • To: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] interesting mite treatment
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 12:07:24 -0400

My actual focus was to use grapefruit tree leaves since some grapefruit grow in this area.  My brother has 2 very large ones in his yard in Monroe.  Creosote trees are not indigenous to this area and grow primarily in the Southwest.  They are not illegal to burn, however creosote treated wood is illegal to burn.  As they actually harm bees, I would not use creosote, but will be trying grapefruit leaves.

Grapefruit leaf extract is used as an essential oil and Dems very beneficial.  Here is one such link reporting the same: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10412905.1991.9697908

If anyone has any practical experience with grapefruit leaves and treating mites while scientifically tracking their treatments, I'd like to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Robert King

Sent from my iPhone