ocba - [ocba] Nicities of placing my bees on others' property

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Brad Kosiba <bradkosiba AT gmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Nicities of placing my bees on others' property
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 13:55:08 -0400

What are the customs and legalities of putting your bees on others' property? (With their permission of course!)  Beyond dealing with old friends... Are there simple written agreements people use to formalize the placement, recognize the ownership of the hives and any agricultural legal verbiage? Always good to have terms and conditions somehow well understood by both parties and simple documents can help.

As for the bees.... well, I suppose they just want a good neighborhood for the generations to come!

Thanks,

  • [ocba] Nicities of placing my bees on others' property, Brad Kosiba, 03/16/2017