ocba - Re: [ocba] Rearranging hives?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Brad Kosiba <bradkosiba AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Rearranging hives?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 18:18:17 -0500

FYI- I just completed a week of MAQS treatment for my 3 hives. Weather cooperated all too well for this time of year! Well over 50F and under 85F all week for highs.

They seem to have stopped laying during the treatment. I saw little to no open brood or eggs in any of the three hives today vs. big time brood in all 3 pre- treatment. I did see one queen today so I expect new brood by next week so I can do post treatment mite counts.

Cheers, Brad