ocba - Re: [ocba] swarms

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Robert Arnts" <rjarnts AT att.net>
  • To: "'Orange County Beekeepers Association'" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] swarms
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 07:18:22 -0500

Rather than doing a split, I  want to give my bee buddy and neighbor several frames of brood and honey to reduce my hives’ likelihood of swarming, She lives about a ¼ mile away from me.  Given how close our hives are, are the bees likely to just drift back to my hive or will they stay with the new hive to care for brood?  Thanks for any information.  Jeanne Arnts