ocba - [ocba] My Bees Just Swarmed

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Sheri Gant" <swestongant AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "'Orange County Beekeepers Association'" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] My Bees Just Swarmed
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 15:19:14 -0500

This swarm paused on a tree about 40 feet in front of my hives.  I went into the hive I think this came from six days ago, last Sunday.  I knew it was strong and so I added space to the brood nest and added another box.  But I suppose they had already made the decision to swarm.  I’m just so glad my husband saw this, that I had some spare nuc boxes, and that it was literally “low-hanging fruit”.  What a crazy February!

Sheri Gant