ocba - Re: [ocba] NEW Native Bee site

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Rob Cook <crookkohler AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Ryan Chamberlain <rjc7654 AT gmail.com>, Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • Cc: OCBA Listserv <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] NEW Native Bee site
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:02:43 +0000 (UTC)

Way to go Ryan!

Rob

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:36 PM, Ryan Chamberlain <rjc7654 AT gmail.com> wrote:

Happy to report that these bees are again active at the library this year.  They appear to have emerged today.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com> wrote:
Hey Gang,

Got a "bee call" today. Thought yellow jackets, but found the largest native bee site i have ever seen!!

Its at the back corner of the Chapel Hill Library off Estes Dr. I had to rush to lowes for posts & ribbon to block off area.

Swing by for a peak. Once in a lifetime experience just inches away!! They are now blocked off and the folks at the library will do themed pollinator promotions of some sort.

When we leave space for nature it thrives. Loose dirt is great...thick mulch & non native grass crops are bad!

Hope you swing by for a peak & selfie!
#beeanerd

Marty