ocba - Re: [ocba] Proof in the pudding

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Shadi Cinpinski <shadikaze AT gmail.com>
  • To: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • Cc: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Proof in the pudding
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 09:49:31 -0500

Interesting, Marty.

Along these same lines, let me ask the group about wax moths. This is my first year bee-keeping and I had a weaker hive (perhaps after a late swarm) get decimated by wax moths. Any preventative tips? I have seen some things that involve hanging a soda bottle with a fermented mixture next to the hives with the idea that the moths go into the bottle to drown, but I am not certain I want "bait" close to the hives.

Many thanks,
Shadi