ocba - Re: [ocba] Just as a pollen update and dead pupae

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Brad Kosiba <bradkosiba AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Just as a pollen update and dead pupae
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 20:32:34 -0500

Hey Rob,

Glad to see you still have a hive going.  Hopefuly you are now an expert at doling out the syrup in the fall.

The ocassional dead pupa is nothing to be worried about.  If the front porch is piled high, then we have a problem.  In between, we get curious.

I always get a charge out of watching for pollen colors.  And when you get a frame with a lot of different colors stored across the comb, it can bee pure art.

Cheers, Brad Kosiba