ocba - [ocba] Apiary Registration Form

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Katja <katjasage AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Apiary Registration Form
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 15:46:55 -0500

Greetings, all,

We are wondering if anyone has registered their apiary with the North
Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. We obtained the
form, whose submission includes a $10 fee. We are wondering if it is worth it
for a small beekeeper with one or two hives. The form says that it is for
notification of intent to spray by aerial applications when pesticide
carrying warning of toxicity to bees on label is to be used within 1 mile of
apiary. We are considering doing this, and wondered if anyone else had
experience with it.

Thanks,
Katja Sage and the other OCBA Mark Smith :-)