ocba - Re: [ocba] storing super frames till next spring

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Randy Chellis <crandytoo AT aol.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] storing super frames till next spring
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 17:21:11 -0400

You use a pair of wood strips perpendicular to the rafters spaced just far enough apart so that the frames will hook on each side. As long as you store the frames in a fairly well lighted area you shouldn't need to worry about freezing them.

I use a slightly different setup for mine.
image1.JPG

The metal rail on each end of the frames is called Unistrut or Kindorf (brand names). You can get it at any electrical supply house and probably Lowes/Home Depot. Will let you stack more frames in a smaller footprint.

______

Walter

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh