ocba - Re: [ocba] OCBA LISTSERV POSTING GUIDELINES

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Valerie Bateman <vbateman AT aol.com>
  • To: David Eckert <daveckert AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>, Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] OCBA LISTSERV POSTING GUIDELINES
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 18:27:03 -0400

Agreed.

Valerie Bateman
209 Ridgecrest Dr
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

On Sep 1, 2016, at 5:57 PM, David Eckert <daveckert AT gmail.com> wrote:

Marty,

You are the only one that I see inferring and then implying that Randall's comment about "ignorant journalist" and "ignorant readership" is intended as an insult toward Anne.  Ignorant means "lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular".  I understood Randall's comment to mean that in his opinion this journalist was lacking knowledge and awareness of the world of honey bees and was trying to create interest in the article from an equally uniformed readership by using sensationalist language in the title.  His comments were about the title of the article.  I believe that the rest of the following paragraph also supports this interpretation.

I am absolutely CERTAIN there was no intent on Randall's part to criticize or belittle Anne.  Only a misinterpretation on your part followed by a very clearly intended insult toward Randall, which is clearly not in line with all postings being "polite, considerate and respectful" of others views.

David