ocba - Re: [ocba] Bee-friendly weed killers?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Cole Rizki <colerizki AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Durham County Beekeepers <durham-county-beekeepers AT googlegroups.com>, OCBA Listserv <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Bee-friendly weed killers?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 13:23:25 -0400

Hey Cole,

Great question & concern. There is a mixing issue with other chems in our
built environment that is the concern. The Mixing of chem compounds is the
issue.

I want to echo the formula that Mike shared. Works for us, but plants do come
back.

I am lucky enough to have bees in pittsboro at the biodiesel plant. A New co
is making this & other alternative products. Eco Blend uses mostly plant
based fatty acids left from making the Bio-D & other natural compounds. Some
products are organic- others not.

My girls not only survived, but thrived there. 2nd year hives. They just
completed several rounds of testing there. Gardens, greenways & a huge test
for Duke Power. My girls stayed healthy, both swarmed & made us a lil honey!

Here is a link:
http://www.homs.com/lawn--garden.html

More info on fb as well, but best part is its made local & you can tour the
facility & meet the makers! I have NO $$ investment or involvement with them.
Just shared space & my bees are doing just fine. They now have insecticide
products too it seems.

If you go to a weekend tour stop in Fair Game Beverage ...they are making
some nice local drinks. Say hey to my girls for me! 😉

Cheers
Marty

Sent from my iPhone