ocba - [ocba] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Latest issue of the Wolfpack Waggle

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Latest issue of the Wolfpack Waggle
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 19:21:59 -0400

Latest issue of Wolfpack Waggle.

___________________

Walter Starks

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh

Begin forwarded message:

From: "David R. Tarpy via Chapters" <chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org>
Date: July 23, 2016 at 1:32:32 PM EDT

Hi everyone,

Greetings from the NC State Apiculture Program! You can now access our latest issue of the our program's newsletter, the Wolfpack's Waggle, which can also be found as usual through:

https://www.ces.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Waggle_2016-3.pdf

There has been a huge turnover in our program these last few months, which is always a good thing! Most excitingly, Margarita has accepted her job offer from Penn State and will be starting her tenure-track faculty position there later on this year, congratulations Margarita! We’ve also had many of our undergraduate researchers either graduate or move on, so thanks also to Sam Freeze, Jennifer Fulp, Cameron Johnson, Omar Halawani, Jackie Fitzgerald, Joli Stavish, Allison Fowler, and Andrea Fitzgerald. Fortunately, we’ve been joined by a new grad student Joe Milone, an NCSU undergrad research Christopher Juberg, and a visiting undergrad from the University of Exeter (UK) Viki Blanchard, so welcome aboard! We’ve been keeping busy during this active field season collecting data on several projects, including the in vivo and in vitro rearing of queens. Deniz has been particularly busy in the Queen & Disease Clinic this year with samples from all over the country, so we hope that bodes well for increased traffic of samples going forward.

I hope everyone is doing great during the heat of the bee season! Sincerely, David

David R. Tarpy
Professor and Extension Apiculturist
Department of Entomology & Plant Pathology
Campus Box 7613
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC  27695-7613
TEL: (919) 515-1660